What's It All About

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Vintage Rick St. Dennis 1935 Hat with a new challenge at Crafty Gals Corner

Welcome to Crafty Gals Corner's challenge this week with the theme being VintageWe have Rick St. Dennis as our fabulous sponsor this week offering 2 digital images or 25 percent off Zibbet Store

For my inspiration today, I chose Rick St. Dennis 1935 Hat as it was quite reminiscent of my beautiful grandmother and her two sisters, Lila and Lillian. I remember them getting dressed with a fancy hat complete with aa feather, stickpin and a veil whether it be going to the airport for a trip or church. Below is a picture of my gram and my pap dressed to the 9's:



isn't she beautiful and isn't she a wonderful inspiration for my card???






RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • cream Recollection card stock as the base of my card and a beautiful soft pink floral as my background
  • Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch on the right side
  • Darice Satin Edged Organza ribbon with Queen & Co. pearls
  • she was colored with Prisma Colored Pencils with gel pen accents and fussy cut around the edges and of course Stickles
  • chiffon flower with a cameo button in the center with a stickpin using Antique Bronze Wing from Miriam's Craft Supplies but my marvelous stash! 

**** I knew I had these chiffon flowers in several colors and for the life of me I couldn't find the dang things!!! Low and Behold this lone pink one was found in the nick of time which most definitely compliments the card. I hear you asking where was it found - WELL, it was found in the bag of feathers. What does a chiffon flower want with a bag of feathers. All I know is they were meant to be together! ***

  • feather from a goodie bag from Kimberly Pate with Stickle accents 

***added note these feathers need to be hidden and sometimes not found because of a certain kittie thinks its a bird and digs through this bag and feathers are found every where!!!!***



  • scraps from the front of card were used for the background with Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch and 3 little flowers using Fisker's Burst Punch with Queen & Co. Pearl centers
There is a wonderfully talented group of ladies at Crafty Gals Corner and I hope you stop and visit my teamies and give some bloggy love! 
Lisa 
Crafty Gals Corner Blog

It's a warm fuzzy memory for me of my wonderful grandmother who taught me so much as I had lived with her a good bit of my life. She was a wonderful influence in my life and taught me sew many life lessons  - Gram, this card is for you. God Bless You.



I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached at hercraftiness@gmail.com

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

this was entered in the following challenges:
Stamping Sensations April Challenge: Pretty in Pink
Top Tip Tuesday: 3 of Something (3 white pearls in the corner, 3 beads on stick pin, 3 flowers with pearls on the inside)
Through the Craft Room Door: TTCRD Challenge April 14 - April 20
Shopping Out Stash Challenge Blog SOS 197- Lost and Found (pink chiffon flower)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday: 14 April Challenge 81 - Everything Goes with a Twist Add Some Pearls
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes Challenge #29
Everybody Art Challenge: Pearls
Digi Choosday Challenge: Pearls and Gems
Ooh La La Challenge Blog: Challenge # 178 - Lots of Layers (at least 5) my layers are: background, Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch edging, image, pink chiffon flower, pearls, stickpin, cameo, pearls
Mema's Crafts: April Challenge - Anything Goes with optional twist use a die or a punch (used Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch and Fiskers Flower Punch)
Bunny Zoe's Craft's: April Challenge: Recipe  Lace (Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch), Pearls, Pink

14 comments:

  1. Your picture is beautiful and wonderful inspiration. Your image on your card is one classy lady! Such beautiful embellishments.

    Thanks for playing at ~Jo's Scrap Shack~

    Happy crafting,
    Bridget
    www.crazycatladycraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lynne. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet GDTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne I love this so much.... I love anything vintage or shabby chic... so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our Funday Friday challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. And what a lovely source of inspiration! I love the soft colours you used and all the embellies you added.
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning work, love the pearls and feathers added to the digi.Thankyou for joining us over at Digi Choosday for our Pearls & Gems Challenge. Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday happy crafting Judith DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, lovely flower and feathers

    Thanks for joining us at a Stamping Sensations thus month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous design; loving it so much Lynne. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge Lynne. Have a good day :)

    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous design. Perfect image for comparing the card to your Gram.Thanks for joining us at Mema’s Crafts challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Mema’s Crafts }

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for another lovely entry for my Patterned Paper April challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card, such pretty pastel colours.
    Thank you for joining us Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x
    I have Birthday Candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, she has such a pretty face. The detail is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, thank you for joining in with our challenge this week at Digi Choosday
    x~KateE~x DCDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card and totally love that you have taken some pictures as the inspiration for this!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Top Tip Tuesday. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness