What's It All About

Friday, October 25, 2013

Scrapbook Blessings Club Save the TaTa's Blog Hop

Welcome to the Scrapbook Blessings Club... Save the TaTa's Blog Hop!

If you are jumping in the middle, you can start at the beginning at www.scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com, but hopefully you hopped over from Scrapbook Blessing Club's blog.  So let's get started...

It's October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I'm sure that many have been touched by this dreaded disease. We need to have Awareness for Mammograms for early detection. SO, with this being said, the talented Design Team and Facebook members of Scrapbook Blessings Club are ready to strut their stuff and show you just how easy it is to use the Tic Tac Toe Board in the SBC FB group as inspiration.  


Here is the card that I did using the diagonal: Pink Ribbon, Charm, and Pink Lace of the Tic Tac Toe Board.




RECIPE:
  • file had been a freebie at SVG Cuts which I had done an edit/copy/paste in Make the Cut to create two (2) of the laced portion of my card
  • the copy was then "blackout" to fill in the open areas for the inside of card and the piece needed to be welded together
  • the laced portion and one of the blackout portion were lined up and welded together to form my card opening top to bottom
  • this picture explains my piecings along with my paper color choices which were Recollections Card Stock Black and a Pale Pink


  • card is then folded in half
  • Darice 1/4-inch satin ribbon was laced in the front with an awareness ribbon charm tied into the bow
  • the solid pink corset was then glued to the back of the laced portion of my card AFTER lace was glued to the inside of the top portion of the card
  • the accent pieces for the front were embossed with Cuttlebug Paisley and then chalked with a darker pink 
  • sentiment, "Beauty Grace . . . courage hope . . . . faith" is from Create with TLC 
  • awareness ribbon was colored with Prisma Colored Pencils and sentiment was given rounded corners and chalked around the edges
I try to make as many cards during the year for Breast Cancer Awareness as this is a subject that is close to my heart and your sentiment is purrfect!! I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia which is a pre-cancer form which affects the area surrounding your milk ducts. Were you aware that the milk duct area does not include JUST your breast but also under your arm? A "scoop" was removed from my right breast and I need to go twice a year for mammograms to ensure that it hasn't spread along with being more pre-cancer cells as compared to cancer cells. Without early detection it could have been a lot worse. I send cards to people that I have heard that have been diagnosed, to friends reminding them to have a mammogram along with “thinking of you” cards during stressful times waiting for results. Guess you could say it has been a personal crusade of mine!!! 

Hopefully this inspires you to remember to get the TaTa's checked when you see pink!!! Early detection is the KEY!!!!! Your next stop is Sandy.

Oh, did I mention that there will be a little prize given by Lynne Kirsch of a cross which she makes using her Embroidery Machine to one lucky person that comments.  


Also, THE STAMPING CHEF is giving away The Fighter digi stamp too! Just leave a comment along with a way in which we can reach you. We would love if you followed the participating blogs, but it is not a requirement.

If you would love to play along with the tic tac toe card game, you can share it in the special album in the Scrapbook Blessings Club Facebook Group for a second prize which is offered by Lynne.

Here is the entire blog list:

I thank you for stopping by today and again, I can't stress enuf that early detection is the key and to schedule your mammogram for this year if you haven't had one already!!!! Take it from someone speaking from experience. 

God Bless and Thank you my friends . . . . 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne

I've entered this card in the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. wow fabulous card!!! I really love the shape. The embossing is really fabulous as well. And just adore that cross can't believe you made it yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Lynne. And I appreciate the reminder. ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post/message to all and beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project Lynne! Love the pink and brown. Cute embroidered cross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Lynne! I love all the detail you put into it:) Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. It's so clever! Hoping that perhaps I can create something similar.

    I will keep you in my prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card. The embossing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this card is too cute! I love this svg cut and the details you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne, love your project...adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Lynne!! You did an awesome job and I love the sentiment inside! Great hopping with you again.
    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love your bodice with the sentiment inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you card, so different than from the norm. great job.
    Cristina
    vinatgepink39
    ♥ ScrapBook Blessings Club DT ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness