What's It All About

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This is Dedicated to A Childhood Friend

Heaven has acquired an angel
With sparkling eyes
An infectious smile
That always lit up a room.

I remember Denny from Delco Road when growing up. He would be the lifeguard in our little backyard pool while the adults were next store playing cards in another pool.

I remember Denny from watching the parades in Brentwood first when he was in the marching band and later with Brentwood Fire Department.

I remember Denny with his sympathetic arm around my shoulder on the loss of my grandparents and later with the loss of my daughter at Slater’s Funeral Home. He offered to my family his love and comfort on our loss.

I remember Denny when I worked for a short period of time at Slater’s Funeral Home with his helpful hints and willingness to be there. He always greeted the visitors with compassion and comfort.

I remember when Denny and his lovely wife came and offered comfort on the loss of my dad, Whitey Geib, and his comforting arm around us at the Masonic Ceremony and then just a few months later on the loss of my mother, Shirley Geib.

Denny was always there with a smile, a warm comforting hug and eyes that sparkled that made you want to smile. He was a wonderful person that I am proud to have known.

Now, I remember Denny and feel your terrible loss. The world has lost a wonderful husband, father, and friend.

Heaven has acquired an angel
With sparkling eyes
Infectious smile
Now watching over us

A childhood friend has gone to heaven that will be missed by many not only with his sparkling smile that warmed a room to those twinkling blue eyes. Dennis A. DeWalt my blog is dedicated to you today. He was always there to give a comforting hug. He was a wonderful friend to my Daddy through the Masons and as an old neighbor, a loving husband, and caring dad to his two beautiful daughters along with being “Pop Pop” to his adorable grandchildren who had his beautiful smile.

The above which was written by me and inserted in a card for the family. My card was an inspiration from The Outlawz Challenge which was created by Sandy Huggett.



Thank you for stopping by today as I always appreciate your company along with your words of inspiration and wisdom. Your remarks are my incentive to keep blogging for which I thank you.

God Bless and have a wonderful day!
Much love, hugs, and friendship

Lynne

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness