What's It All About

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gavin's First Holy Communion Card


I know I took the week off from blogging. I resigned from all my Design Teams at this time to get my life in order. I still need to move belongings. I am having therapy for my broken foot and starting to walk without that heavy boot. Treasure Box Designs, The Stamping Chef, and Scrapper’s Delights have promised to hold a spot for me when I am ready. It was with a heavy heart that I felt the need to do this at this particular time in my life. Don’t get me wrong as I will still be crafting as you will see with projects over the next few days but not on a daily basis with Design Team Projects!! I loved my Design Teams and will still be using their products in my projects!!! Thanks my dear friends for standing by me and offering your prayers and support.

Today is my old neighbor’s son, Gavin, First Holy Communion Party. I can’t believe he’s 8 years old. I remember when I first moved in how adorable he was with his curly hair and those big eyes with super long eyelashes and him calling me “naybor” . . . well, now he has a short crew cut but still those beautiful eyes.

I made my famous 7-cheese Mac’n Chz to take as my Gram always said you never go anywhere empty handed!!! AND, of course I made him a card!!!! Dah, would you expect anything less from me?


RECIPE:
  • I did a Google search for coloring page first communion boy and found this adorable picture but not without having to do some tweaks in Corel Photo Shop. The coloring page was entitled boy with sisters and I “erased” the sisters to have just the boy as Gavin doesn't have any sisters but only an older brother!!!  

  •     <from that to this>

  • Boy was colored with my Spectrum Noir Markers with highlighting done with gelly pens
  • Corners were rounded after card stock was trimmed and edges chalked
  • Card was cut 4.25 x 11 inches using Recollection Card Stock and then scored in half using Martha Stewart Score Board
  • Corners were rounded using corner punch
  • Background paper is from a stack purchased at Walmart
  • Two rows of gingham ribbon was added to the side
  • Sentiment, “Blessings on your First Holy Communion”, was hand-written by me using Sakura Micron Marker Number 3 which gives illusion of Calligraphy
  • Background paper was cut to match the front with using rounded corner punch

 God Bless you and thank you ever sew much for stopping by today! I love reading comments and would love to read yours . . . .
Much love, hugs, and friendship

Lynne

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card. I like the layout of it. Love the blue ribbon and papers. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness