What's It All About

Saturday, January 12, 2013

January Calendar Girls Blog Hop

Welcome to our January Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. Its absolutely amazing when you do a Google search the interesting facts you may find. Such a find is special and unique occasions throughout the year!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. As Neil Sedaka sang in his song "Calendar Girls" - "January you start the year out fine".

The hop starts with Edwina at http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/. You won't want to miss a single calendar event!!!! 

The line-up for January includes:

January Occasions We Wish to Share:
Hot Tea Month - Edwina
National Oatmeal Month - Miriam
National Soup Month

3 Festival of Sleep Day - Vicky
3 Fruitcake Toss Day
5 National Bird Day - Lucy
6 Cuddle Up Day - Janet
8 Bubble Bath Day - Kimberly
11 Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day -
12 National Pharmacist Day: Lynne
14 Dress Up Your Pet Day: Anita
15 National Hat Day: Jearise
17 Ditch New Years Resolutions Day: Tabetha
18 Winnie the Pooh Day -The Birthday of Winnie's author A.A. Milne: Lynne
20 Penguin Awareness Day:Anita
21 National Hugging Day: Jearise
21 Squirrel Appreciation Day- Tabetha
23 National Pie Day - Miriam
27 Chocolate Cake Day - Lucy
28 National Kazoo Day
29 National Puzzle Day: Lucy
29 National Cornchip Day -Janet
31 Backward Day

We have a super sponsor this month - The Stamping Chef, http://thestampingchef.oo.gd/index.php?route=common/home, who has graciously offered 3 digis of the lucky winners choice who leaves a comment on the Design Team Blog and becomes a follower!

January 12th is National Pharmacist Day - now, this day is a spot warm and dear to my heart as I have my very own Pharmacist. My daughter, Jen. I am sew appreciative of the wonderful care that I get!!!! I'm sure other pharmacists are wonderful but I've known mine forever!!!!!

Thus, I made this card for her by first Googling "pharmacy" and found a beautiful Pharmacist Prayer which I printed out and placed under a framed card which was made using Elegant Edges which I welded a solid back to the lacey front which I used pink Recollections card stock. No inking around the edges or bling bling. Simple card which I think looks elegant and hope you agree!


For my second card this month, I chose January 18th as Winnie the Pooh Day as this is the birthday of Winnie's author, A.A. Milne. Who doesn't love this cuddly little bear??? I know I love him as I have him immortalized on my upper right thigh in a form of a tattoo. 

I'm a bit tired this evening as I spent the morning with my granddaughter and this afternoon shopping with a dear friend and I had yet to finish my card. SEW, I decided to make Pooh sleeping using Pooh and Friends Cricut Cartridge with the sentiment, "Happy Belated Birthday with Pooh Bear thinking of a birthday cupcake with a candle on it no less. On the inside, I have written that I must have slept through your birthday to have missed such a grand day!!!!



Your next stop along the way of the calendar is Anita. Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on February 9, 2013, for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

God Bless and thank you for stopping by today.
Much love, hugs, and friendship,
Lynne

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne, I love your cards! I too am a fan of Pooh's. This card is so adorable! I love the card for your daughter. It is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's such a great project for your daughter! It's incredible what we find when we google up stuff ;) Totally love Winnie as well ;) Great belated b-day card! Thank you soooo much for inviting me to this fabulous group! I had a blast participating and I'm looking forward to next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so very lovely
    I love pooh lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always your work is simply perfect for the occasion. That pooh card is just darling, and the pharmacists prayer is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both your cards. The first one is perfect just the way it is I must agree and you did a great job on Pooh. You win on the Pooh. I'm glad you did him. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your cards My friend, I especially love the pooh one. I have fond memories of reading Pooh to my daughter when she was little.
    Hope you are taking care of you!!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness