What's It All About

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Peter Pan Vs. Captain Hook Blog Hop


Welcome to Neverland. Where is Neverland you ask,its in the minds of children - "second star to the right, and straight on till morning" and from afar, these stars depict Neverland in the distance. The Darling children, Wendy and her brothers are whisked away to the magical world of Neverland with the hero of their stories, Peter Pan. Peter Pan, who takes them to Never Land, where there is an ongoing war between Peter's gang of rag-tag runaways and the evil Pirate Captain Hook is taking place. The novel Peter Pan mentions that there are many more suns and moons there than in our world, making time difficult to track, and that the way to find the time is to find the crocodile, as there is a clock inside it. The crocodile is also a nemesis to Captain Hook who lost his leg thanks to this crocodile. Now Captain Hook is also Peter Pan's nemesis ..... Its adventure and the story of a boy who never wants to grow up .... hmmmmmmm, ok. not commenting on that! LOL!!!

Our sponsor for this hop is Lisa Peters of Scrapping with Lisa'sDesigns,  http://scrappingwithlisadesigns.com/who is offering a $20 certificate towards free paper piecing files --- free is always good!!!

We have a fantastic line-up for you today .... who are you rooting for?


 For my project today, I'm doing a lay-out for Lily. Peter Pan, Wendy, Michael, and John are cut using Little Scraps of Heaven  Storybook Series Peter Pan Collection. I used the clock background from DCWV The Heirloom Stack as a lot of the story is about clocks as Neverland has more suns and moons than Earth which makes it difficult to tell time. Which is also the reason to find the alligator who swallowed the clock! After finishing putting my "characters" down with puff dots, I realized it needs a title which will get done later and placed between Peter Pan and Tink.. Tinkerbell's dress and wings are glitter paper. Tinkerbell also wanted to have Wendy on a different page than Peter Pan - jealousy - what can I say?







Please, make sure you leave your comment on each blog and of course who you are rooting for - Captain Hook or Peter Pan???

God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

6 comments:

  1. Excellent layouts. Your characters are so adorable. Nice work!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page!!! LOVE your characters!!!
    I'm rooting for Captain Hook~I'm feelingthat he's just misunderstood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout characters are so stinkin cute...I am rooting for Peter Pan:)
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, I love your layouts! This was one of my favorite stories as a kid. You did a great job on it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot. I am rooting for Peter Pan. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness