What's It All About

Sunday, July 15, 2012

INKED Blog Hop (aka Tattoo's)

Welcome to INKED -- I love the artwork that is being used in tattoos and its amazing how many people are getting tattoos now-a-days and it’s not just for bikers or marines anymore! This hop then is dedicated to the beautiful artwork whether you have a tattoo or not . . .

I  got my first tattoo in 1997 and its of Winnie the Pooh floating upwards with 3 balloons on my upper right thigh. I now want to get another tattoo and hopefully it will be later this year of angel wings with a quilt square in the center with my little angel's name above the wings.

We all get tattoos for various reasons. I have noticed that women that with breast cancer that have their breast removed are now a large group getting tattoos. When my lump was first found and of course with all the concern -- I thought and still feel that if and when my breast would be removed, I want to have a glorious tattoo of a peacock!!!!

The art of tattoo can be anything as simple as a name or as beautiful as a peacock and there is always a story behind a tattoo.

This blog hop is dedicated to the stories and the artwork behind a tattoo. If you happen to visit today at my blog – you’re in luck as my blog is the first stop in this hop!!!

We are very blessed and fortunate to have Daisy Collins of I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose for $10 of merchandise in her zibbet store (http://www.zibbet.com/tsunamirose)

My tattoo is that of Winnie the Pooh with balloons floating upwards “towards the promised land” on my upper right thigh. At the time, my daughter was 17 and wanted a tattoo. I told her I had no problem with that as I had always wanted one. I was dating a cowboy at the time and he and I did a search of tattoo parlors in the area and found a great shop that was super clean and was run by a kewl dude and his wife. She was a graphic artist and would actually draw whatever you wanted to give custom work while Dale, her husband would do the tattoo. Dale had a cappuccino machine which was rare at that time and would offer you a cappuccino. I got my Winnie the Pooh and Dale was just starting the strings on my balloons and it started to hurt considering how high this is …. Dale said he had to add the balloons and CW said that Tigger was hiding in the shrubs and burst the balloons!!!!



Did I mention that my daughter never got a tattoo and I was grounded at the age of 45 by my dad for my stupidity as my daughter had to hurry and call her pap to tell him what I had done!!!!


I also made a card for this hop, which brace yourself came from the Cricut Cartridge Hello Kitty. I used the Swirl Folder and embossed using my Cuttlebug. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts collection. Of course, I had to add bling to my card because as a dear friend tells me - what's a card without bling??


For my next tattoo, I want to have angel wings on my left shoulder with a heart in the center. The heart in the center is to look like a pastel quilt with my “angel’s” name, Amalia along with her date of birth, August 29, 1989 to October 11, 1991. I stamped the sentiment on my card “enjoy the moment” as you never know how long you have to love the ones you have.

Your next stop along the path of inking is Kimberly.

Thanks for stopping today and visiting our tribute to inking with the glorious artwork behind tattoos!

I have listed the complete blog hop line-up just in case the ink gets a little mucky and you get lost along the way!


God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

5 comments:

  1. Love ur wiinie the pooh
    Laura d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tattoo and great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... you have Pooh, and I have the butterflies from Pooh!! ;) Love the card too!! ( I want that cart!) You did a great job, and yes, what's a card without bilng?!?!? LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card , ink and story. i got mine at 33 and i was so scared to show my parents. look me 2 weeks of hiding it to finally say i was an adult. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time, hope you get to get your next one...

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness