What's It All About

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Calendar Girls for July 2012

I’m sorry, but due to watching little ones this week, I missed my Calendar Girls Blog Hop. I wouldn’t want you to miss it at all; thus I have posted my projects along with the links to visit my Calendar Girls!!!! With this being said, Welcome to our July Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. Papercrafts Presents 365 Cards magazine which is our inspiration for these monthly hops which thus became the Calendar Girls. The magazine has Creative Ideas for every day of the year: occasions, holidays, and celebrations including 42 unique holidays!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. The July unique holidays are:

July 14th Calendar Girls Blog Hop:

National Ice Cream Month: Lisa Woodward
Cell Phone Courtesy Month:
1st: Happy Canada Day- Laura
4th: Independence Day - Lisa
6th: National Fried Chicken Day- Edwina
11th: Cheer up the Lonely Day - Angie
12th: Teddy Bear Picnic Day - Lisa
14th: National Nude Day - Miriam
20th: National Lollipop Day - Kimberly
23rd: National Hotdog Day - Janet
24th: Amelia Earhart Day   Anita  
25th: Threading the Needle Day -
28th: National Chocolate Milk Day - Kimberly
29th: National Lasagna Day - Lisa
30th: National Cheesecake Day -Janet

The hop starts with Lisa Woodward (http://mycraftyspaces.blogspot.com/). You won't want to miss a single calendar event not to mention the weddings, graduations, birthdays -- ok, you get the idea!!!! 

The line-up for July includes:


Stop by and check out these holidays as I am sure you are going to want to remember these holidays and include them in your card making projects!!!!!

We will have blog candy to the lucky recipient that remarks on each site along the way!

Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on August 11th for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

My cards were for Cell Phone Courtesy which is something that aggravates me when I go shopping as I hear people chatting on their phones with their blue tooth and you don’t know if they are talking to you. My other pet peeve is standing in line whether at the bank, grocery store, or take out and having to wait while someone is on their phone.

For my project for Cell Phone Courtesy since July is Cell Phone Courtesy month is a cell phone shaped card which I designed using Make the Cut with various shapes with a cute little sentiment from Hero Stamps on the phone screen.


My other card is for July 25th is “Threading the Needle Day” and I don’t want to needle you but everyone need-a little hug to make their day brighter. I used Cricut Craft Room to weld together 2 of the frames from Elegant Edges for my card along with cutting a smaller frame for the inside with white. I had a faux needle in my button stash that I had threaded with the baker’s twine that had been threaded and sewn on the white card and finally glued in place along with my corn ball statement, “needle hug” to send to a dear friend that has a lot on her plate that I am forever thankful for meeting on Facebook.


My apologies to my Calendar Girls for not being able to post on time, but I know they have done a fabulous project and I would most definitely want you to stop and visit their blogs as well!
  
God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

1 comment:

  1. Yes, i can hear you now. Glad you made it. I'll go back and add you to my post. Love this idea for your card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness