What's It All About

Thursday, May 31, 2012

We're Off to See the Wizard - Revisited


We're Off to See the Wizard the wonderful Wizard of Oz to hopefully get the Tin Man a heart, the Lion courage, and the Scarecrow a brain! But there's the poppy fields to beware of as you could get very sleepy! The Wicked Witch but we know she's afraid of water. The flying monkeys . . . just totally freaky looking!!!! You're probably still dizzy from the spinning whirling twirling house and watching all those things passing by like a nightmare especially that Miss Gulch on her bicycle! Poor Toto hiding in the basket, but can you blame him? Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain as he knows not what he speaks! And then there are the delightful munchkins that sing 3 octaves highly than humanly possible. I almost forgot the good witch Glinda - how could I forget her --- she was just too sugary sweet to my standards but as a Good Witch goes, she was the best, but why didn't she just tell Dorothy she had the power to return all along and wait until the end - geesh! And then only bad witches are ugly --- come on now! It’s the Merry Old Land of Oz! I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore Toto. . . .

We're paying homage to the Wizard of Oz today with our blog hop! So, grab your beverage of choice and those ruby red slippers of yours, click them twice and repeat after me - "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"!

For Blog Candy we have a 7 - piece paper assortment of 12 x 12 pieces of paper by Paper House Productions

We have a great line-up for you today and you should have arrived from <insert previous blog>. If not, or you just dropped in to visit today, we don't want you to miss a single story of the travels of our "characters" from start to finish and would love for you to begin at the beginning of our hop -

For my project today, I have a quilt top that I has yet to be quilted. This quilt is mammoth and is 108 x 110-inches!! My one supervisor had loved the Wizard of Oz and as soon as this is quilted, this quilt is for her!!!!




Patches just had to get in on one of the pictures!!!





And, since I'm such a slacker --- here is a card that I had made for her birthday and wanted to share with you ... just be kind as this is one of my first projects!!!!



As every good story, it has a beginning and a happily ever after - Dorothy went home and all was well with the world and Dorothy told Auntie Em - there's no place like home!!!!!! AWWWW how sweet! Hope you enjoyed my project and I must send you along your way to Jamie and a place beyond the rainbow -

Our complete line-up in case you get lost along the way due to those darn flying monkeys:


God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne 

21 comments:

  1. Lynne, Your quilt is perfect! My BFF bought WOO material a few years back and made one for another friend who collected WOO stuff. I have many quilt tops myself! I love that the cat loves it! At first, when I popped onto your site and hot the mouse it scrolled very fast and I thought the cat was a Toto dog LOL. The card is very cute, I am sure she is going to love this gift!!!
    Mucho bloggy love, tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! lot's of work there... You are truly talented!! It is going to be beautiful when it is done:) lot the card too.:0
    {love love}
    Scrappin Madge
    www.thescrappinlounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lynne, This is awesome!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is so cute great job it would probably just look cute tied off with yarn. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible project... so many amazing fabrics. So much work went into that. I am such a lazy project maker. I like small projects that can be finished in a few days or (preferably) less. That is what made me fall so easily into card making! I think the card is wonderful. You were talented right from the get go! Thanks for hosting this. BTW, my father-in-law is second cousins with the lady that played the wicked witch, cool huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is really kewl!!!!!
      Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust Miriam ....
      Lynne

      Delete
  6. oh I love the quilt - I quilt (or did before scrapping ;))
    I wish I would had know about this - I have an idea for the Great Movie Ride that included Dorthy (sp??) oh at least I'll one part (for the next hop)

    the card is very cute too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just wanted to add that I uploaded those files that you wanted - it is teh inkscape/svg since I haven't used them SCAL2 I don't have those saved in it

      Delete
    2. If you are part of Facebook, I can link you into all of the hops that I organize - you can see the majority of them as the blog buttons that I created for my hops....Would love to have you as your work is wonderful! As I said, Mary Poppins blog hop is June 23rd along with Shrek and Donkey July 19th, Peter Pan versus Captain Hook July 12th just to name a few.. let me know!!!
      Hugs, Love and Pixie Dust
      Lynne

      Delete
  7. I love the quilt---it is beautiful!!!!!And I love the Wizard of Oz.Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Lynne your quilt is awesome THe fabrics are beautiful and the picture prints WOW! Fabulouse creation I love it Where ever did you find those awesome fabrics and the prints did you make them yourself??
    Always love hopping with you my friend you are truely an inspiration!!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the quilt that you are making. I can only imagine how much time a mammoth quilt like this will take to sew and quilt. I love that you also showed us your very first project. I love the growth we see when we go all the way back to our very first projects.

    As always, love hopping with you my friend!
    You Rock!!!!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am impressed. I love your quilt topper. I can't believe the fabric matches. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynne what an amazing and beautiful quilt. Love the kitty too. So much work and love put into this. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the Oz hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful quilt! The card is also great! Im a new follower.

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful idea for a project.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is one awesome quilt! She must be one special supervisor for such a special gift. I am sure she will love it.

    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt and card. They will love them. TFS.
    D-

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this is amazing, totally adore it. Apologies for late hopping no excuse just really busy. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is absolutely STUNNING (and your kitty is pretty cute too!!)... You did a FABULOUS job!! I also love the card -- Such fun!! :)

    Thanks for sharing your talent in the hop!! I'm so happy I was able to hop with you!! :)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow... that's amazing! Great job. I know a few people that would die for a quilt like that. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness