What's It All About

Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss Imagination Blog Hop

“Think left and think right and think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
― Dr. Seuss

Don't hop on pop but hop on top of the Dr. Seuss Blog Hop, where a bunch of talented people came up with their own interpretations of the wonderful imagination of Dr. Seuss. The skies the limit when you have an imagination like Dr. Seuss and talent like those in this hop. Our hop today is hostessed by Jearise in Lorby's World and that is where to begin if you've happened here by chance otherwise continue on my friend.

Jearise in Lorby's World has some fun blog candy for this hop. She has a stuffed Cat in the Hall and a fun Thing 1 and Thing 2 craft plus a $10 gift card to Michaels. I know they're silly but doesn't that follow in the steps of Dr. Seuss?

My granddaughter Lily will be celebrating her first birthday this weekend and she absolutely loves the Cat in the Hat . . . she hears the music on TV and starts wiggling and bobbing her head and then she starts clapping. When Jearise had suggested this hop, I knew right away that I wanted to participate and make Lily her First Birthday card. 


Now, first, please accept my apologies as my fibro and I are not on speaking terms and my hands are not working the way I would like for them to ... with that being said, as the old addage says, "Plan Ahead" .... gee, I wish I would have done that but I am still liking my card and hope you do too!


Recipe:
Treasure Box Designs Cat and Friends paper piecing
Recollections paper for card and inside
Scraps for paper piecing
JoLee birthday 3-D stickers


now - this was the first shot of the front of my card but after adding the Cat in the Hat not to mention fish, it was toooooo short and . . .





now with Sweet Treats Paper Stack added at the bottom 


...Thing One and Thing Two here stopped by to say ...




this will be a pop up card with the cat in the hat with the fish bowl on his hat .....can you visualize it???? I know I'm seeing it in my dreams!!!


VIOLA, through the magic of paper crafting we have:






Thank you for joining us because...

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Your next stop is the very talented Ashley unless Thing One and Thing Two teach her a thing or two!

Just in case you would get stopped with the parade down at Mulberry Street, just hop on the Cat’s Thingamajigger because “the Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that”! Here’s the entire line-up just in case …. You never know what havoc lurks!!!


God Bless and Thank you
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

25 comments:

  1. A very fun card, Lynn!! Yes, I imagine it well, and it's SUPER fun!! Imagine that!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, your granddaughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Lynne! I love Thing 1 and Thing 2 and the way you popped up the inside :)

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe.... I didn't see the cat earlier... looks GREAT!! What a fun suprise for Lily when she opens the card and the Cat pops up!! Super cute Lynne! I am planning on making Lily's card today and getting it mailed out to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne,
    This card is just adorable... I love it. I might have to lift it from you lol. I have that cut file too. Its just Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!

    Linn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, and I love thing 1 and thing 2. Reminds me of when I worked a group home and took them to Universal Studio in Florida. The girls got photos with them and just had a blast Thanks for bringing up that fun memory!

    Very cute project! I am loving everything so far!

    Tammylee
    http://tammyleestampcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card lynne, I love it and I know your granddaughter will love it too. TFS and it's great being in this hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. This is so cute. Love that you made it a pop up card. Always nice being in hops with you.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea...Thing 1 and Thing 2. I love it!

    Angie atuttletime at gmail dot com
    or http://atuttletime .blogspot .com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A D O R A B L E !!! Love pop up thingy's and I wish Lily the happiest, healthiest birthday ever. Don't forget to post pictures!
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Cute! I love the Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! I'm following you now and I hope you will follow me back at www.createdbycori.blogspot.com blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card I love it. Your granddaughter is going to love that card for sure. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! What a super adorable card. I like the inside, especially the fish with splashing water.

    marg000@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Imagine it... indeed I can, along with all the trouble the cat can get himself into with that fishbowl on his head.

    Love the card you made, super cute!

    Kimberly
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a talented person and friend. I just love your cat in the hat card and I know your granddaughter will too. Thank you for being part of this hop and hugs from Jearise in Lorby's World.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your "Things" are juts too cute. Great pop-up card.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card- your granddaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynne this card is adorable! I love it! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is really cute!! I love the inside great job!

    Micia

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems with your fibro. I am ALWAYS a last minute crafter because of this too. I always think, ok, I'll feel better & work on it 2moro, but then 2moro comes & I still feel crumby and so on & so on... I feel for you! Your card turned out very cute in spite of all that though! You did a fantastic job! Very cute! I have never made a pop-up card, but now I really want to, after seeing this! Thanks for the inspiration, Dear and get some rest if you can. Sending healing energy your way.

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness