What's It All About

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Is it a Bird . . . Is it a Plane . . . No, it's ------

Merry Merry Blessed Christmas!!!! 


Is it a bird, is it a plane, NO, its Super Alex!!!! 






My dear friend Susan Bermudez's husband Alex is her Superman!!!! She had wanted a Santa Hat and stocking for him with Superman logo!!!  Super Lynne, found a logo which would work on the computer and then made a pattern for the hat and pulled out my vintage and worn stocking pattern. For the fabric, I used a polar fleece for each of the colors. The stocking is fully lined as the other stockings were lined. His hat along with his stocking both have his name embroidered with gold thread via my home embroidery machine. The pom pom on the hat began its life a a yo yo, gathered it tightly together and put fiberfill inside and pulled tighter to stitched on the hat!





I love how the Superman logo has the added dimension using the fiber fleece. There is just a small zig zag holding the applique together!!!


Also, take some time and stop off and tell Susan, you saw her "Superman" here on Her Craftiness!!!


Well, Merry Merry Christmas my dear friends. Enjoy the day as it is meant to be with family and friends and remember the reason we celebrate this day!!!


God Bless you all and thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I sew appreciate you following along and leaving your kind comments!!!


Hugs and Love,
Lynne

3 comments:

  1. super site you have great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make really very wonderful cap. I like it very much and in this put on Superman logo just amazing. This red and blue combination really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness