What's It All About

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Guest Designer with My Dear Friend Jearise Havenga!!!

Thank you Jearise for being such a wonderful friend for filling in for me today and please don't forget to stop by and visit her most wonderful blog to give bloggie love!!!

Yesterday I was in a wonderful blog hop entitled Hello Kitty's Christmas Party hosted by Lynne from My Craftiness and now today I get the honor of being a guest designer on her blog. I feel so honored to be back and showing off some of my craftiness. : )


My daughter is celebrating her birthday this month and the theme is Hello Kitty. In yesterday's blog hop, I showed off cupcake Hello Kitty toppers I made and a Hello Kitty button pin for the birthday girl. Here is the link if you would like to check them out: Hello Kitty's Christmas Party. I am now working on the invites for the party and would like to share what I have created for those.


Here is my invite. I used the cute little kitty head that I used on the cupcake toppers and in the button pin.




I used cream card stock and printed out the words "It's a Hello Kitty Birthday Party!" I then used my Cuddlebug to add the snowflake embossing. I found that I could emboss two pieces of card stock at the same time. This saved time since I had to emboss 20 of these.





I bought a value pack of note cards from The Paper Studio and used them instead of making cards. I then cut my background paper at 5.25 x 3.75. I used ColorBox red chalk ink to put around the outside of the inside card stock. I waited to do the ink chalking until after I finished the embossing. I could have done it before but you get a different look when you do it afterwards. I added the little bow just because I thought the card needed something extra.






Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my kitty. A special thank you to Lynne for letting me invade her blog space.


Hugs from Jearise in Lorby's World.


Thanks Jearise for filling in for me --- this is a phenomenal project!!! Hugs and love!!!
God Bless!!!
Lynne

3 comments:

  1. First off, congrats on your wonderful news!!!! I'm thrilled that I was one of the first to know and I won't spill the beans!!! Second and foremost, you are one very talented lady! Your daughter has one very talented mom and she's a very lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to be adopted by Jearise too :D I love ALL your HK projects and your daughter will have a blast!

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. any HK lover (including me) would want jearise as a mom. hehe love your card and now im going to check out the other things.

    http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness