What's It All About

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guest Designer - Sept 22nd

Hi all. Sue here holding down the fort for Lynne <G>. It is my pleasure to bring you these guest designer posts as they are all so WONDERFUL! Today we have Darlene from Two Scrappin Lawyers. Darlene was also a part of my birthday blog hop and I am very happy to share her projects with you all. Here we go....


"Hi there! This is Darlene from Two Scrappin' Lawyers filling in for Lynne who continues to recover. For her surgery guest designers, Lynne suggested either back to school or fall, so I did both! The back to school project is an altered notebook that I made for my 3 year old. Her daycare class said to send in a notebook that could be used for a journal. I used a standard marble notebook and adhered some blue paper (her favorite color). Using Design Studio (which I practically never do), and Once Upon a Princess, I welded the crowns together to spell her name and then formed an arch so it would fit!! Using a combination of Once Upon a Princess and Everyday Paper Dolls, I created the princess. I used Peachy Keen stamps for the face. I used Beads in a Bottle to create the necklace. I have found that Beads in a Bottle works much better than Liquid Pearls, as it does not leave a point but instead gives you a perfectly rounded top.




For my fall project, I created a single page layout. The vines are created using a gypsy cut file found at 217 Creations that I fell in love with the moment I saw it. I used Create a Critter, Everyday Paper Dolls and Paper Doll Dress Up for the various pumpkins around the page. I heat embossed the green vines on the pumpkins, and used glitter for the stems. The background paper I had hanging around. I created a double mat for a 4x6 photo. The cardstock to create the mat is from my stash. The cream cardstock is embossed with leaves and vines."
Darlene, these projects are fantastic and I am so glad you shared them. Thanks for being guest designer today. Everyone, please hop over to Darlene's blog as you will love it. Until next time....

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness